Saturday, October 6, 2007

BEWARE!! Contagious BULL-SHITTING Spreading!!

October 6th, 2007

How often do we let other people's nonsense change our mood? Do we let a bad driver, a rude waiter, rude boss or an insensitive colleague ruin our day?

Mark of a good person is to focus on what’s important and leave aside the rest.

JO MUJHE SAARI DUNIYA NAHI SAMJHA PAI, WOH MUJHE EK TAXI DRIVER NE SAMJHA DIYA!!!
(don’t worry, it isn’t taxi meter!!!)

An Anecdote…
As I just moved out of the station, I took a taxi to reach a friends place, where I was scheduled to stay for next 3 hours and then continue for the rest of work at Mumbai.

Just thinking of the cranky kids and the sobbing women in train, I boarded a taxi. That had just pissed my mind, to start the day. Shit man, I thought, the day has started in a very bad fashion and I don’t want my work to get aside the way for every one else at the train.

Here's what happened next. The taxi I took of, just raced out of the station and then suddenly a sleek and speedy BMW jumped out of parking lot right in front of us. Taxi driver, Champ in handling these kind of mess-ups, jumped on the brakes. Taxi skidded and just missed back end of the sleazy BMW by inches.

Given, our brain can think 100’s of things in a flash of seconds, I thought a big fight and mess would come up with all taxi drivers involved in it.

Here's what happened next. The driver of the other car, the (hunk) guy who almost caused a big accident, whipped his head around and instead of
apologizing, started yelling bad words at us, as thought by me. And I thought the rest will follow….

But, here's what took me by surprise. Instead of getting angry or annoyed, my taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. He was actually friendly towards the other man.

Surprisingly, I asked, "Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!"

And, this is when my taxi driver told me what we can call now "The law of bull-shitting".

”Duniya Chance MANGTI HAI SAHIB, Diya to gaya!!!”

Many people are like rubbish bins. They run around full of garbage, frustration, anger & disappointment. As their bins pile up, they need a place to dump it. And, if you let them, they will dump it straight on you or say shit on you.

When someone wants to dump on you, do not take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well and move on. Break the Chain, if you don't who else will???

OR you become another rubbish bin - For, ATTITUDES ARE VERY-CONTAGIOUS !
And, you, in turn, dump it on your colleagues / subordinates / spouse and get
relationships spoiled!

Use it and make your and others life an enjoyable journey.

Regards
Tushar

********************************************************************************

No comments: