Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Learnings From DIWALI!!!

Diwali !!! the festival of lights !!!

Yes, Diwali is the festival of lights and crackers !!
As a child and adolescent, I had always looked forward to Diwali, my favourite festival.

Not only firecrackers were the attraction, but also number of other things.

The lightings of multicoloured lamps and the lightening of firecrackers made it look like the most beautiful occasion on the earth.

The small candles and the beautiful rangoli’s drawn by sisters and bhabhis were an added attraction. They always gave a calm and soothing look, welcoming the visitors at home as well as at shop.

My Mother, the best cook in her own class, made wonderful sweets and the chatpatas, which I think was the main attraction of the Diwali.

My Father, always bought us the firecrackers which were equvi-distributed among we three siblings. He always accompanied us in the burning of crackers and keeping us safe. Though today he accompanies me in business and share his experiences and tricks of trade, those days were equally better as that of today.

As the only male child, I was out of crackers, sometimes even before Diwali and get that advantage of getting the crackers of my sisters to celebrate the main day of Diwali.

The worst thing that I hated was cleaning of my cupboard. That meant a gigantic task, which I thought should be done only once every decade:-)!! Still... no options on that, and had to do that.

On the occasion of Diwali and New year, now we follow the tradition of visiting the business associates, family members and friends (and their parents). And for some whom we cant meet, we have the facility of SMS’s and Super fast mails..

Also we distribute sweets and bonus to the workers on this holy occasion. As similar to all of you.

OOPS !!! with the flow of thought I forgot the main thing… the LEARNINGS from Diwali, but I feel good with it, lets keep the learning part from tomorrow. See you tomorrow on the same blog.

Till then wish you all a Happy Diwali.

************************************************

No comments: